Tuesday, May 11, 2010

::SuRgErY::


Karston had to have surgery on Thursday at Primary Children's Hospital. When he was a newborn, we took him to get circumcised but they wouldn't do it because they wanted a specialist to look at it. His pee hole was in the wrong spot and his little pee pee was not straight, it was aiming towards the left. So they told us when he was six months old he could get the surgery done. However, we wanted to wait until he was a little older because he had to be put out and we were concerned about that and also we don't have insurance so we wanted to save more money. So on Thursday he had a meatoplasty and circumcision done. We have a tough little guy. We got to walk him to the magic line and then the Dr. took him and we watched him go into the surgical room and then the doors shut. He didn't even look back at us. That was so hard sending him. It's nice though because they give him gas and knock him out that way and then put the i.v. in to be really knocked out with anesthesia. Jay and I waited in the waiting room for an hour before the Dr. came in and told us everything went really good, and that we had to wait for 15 minutes to see him. They only let one of us go back, so I went and seen him laying in his little crib asleep. I will never forget that moment. He looked like a little angel. I touched his little face and he woke up and looked at me for a second, then reached for me to hold him. So that's what I did. They took us to the recovery section where Jay met us there. Once he was all the way awake he was in pain. They gave him some pain medication, but he cried for about a half hour before that finally kicked in. That was hard. There is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain. He has a few stiches inside and then about five on the outside that will dissolve in about a month. The swelling has gone down so much but he is still really bruised. He is doing awesome though. He walked a little funny for the first day, but is all back to normal! He is SO tough!!
The first playroom we were in...




Waiting patiently!

Right when daddy saw him...he was hurting.

I am so glad this is all over with, and we don't have to worry about it anymore. I just hope everything heals perfect and quick!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Poor little man. I'm glad it all went well! He's so darn cute.

Coatsy's said...

oh what a tough little stud..... i'm glad it all went well and he is on his way to recovery..... its tough to do that huh... just watching them take them... i hate it. He sure is a cutie though.. give him loves and kisses... hope to see you soon.

Veena said...

Cheri, reading this brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine how hard it was to watch him go into surgery without you. I'm so glad that everything went ok and I hope he feels all better really soon.

The Imels said...

oh those pictures make you melt! He is so tough! I am glad it is done and over with that tough little dude! Now on the the girls and there tonsils!

Robison's said...

Awe poor little guy. Good you got it done though. I hate putting my kids out like that for surgery. It is the worse thing. Glad he is doing good.