What an adventure we had at church yesterday.
It was potty time right before sacerment meeting, and we were on our way out of the bathroom, when Saydey's thumb got smashed in the heavy heavy bathroom door. I didn't even look at it thinking it wasn't that bad, I just grabbed her and tryed to love her.
Then I looked.
And then I knew it wasn't good...there was so much blood I couldn't even see where it was smashed, it just kept gushing blood. There I was in the bathroom with a screaming little girl and paper towels around us soaked with blood. It was nasty.
We all left church and Jay ran her down to the emergency instacare by my house, while I watched Jaydyn and Karston. After waiting there and hour, they sent them to the ER. I got sitters for the kids and I met them down there. They had to sedate her while they x-rayed it and numbed it with 4 shots! She was being pretty funny while sedated, although I didn't like seeing me baby girl like that! It was weird. Meanwhile it's been bleeding this whole time...for about 3 hours straight!
She chipped the bone and had to have 3 stiches and one right through the nail. The nail will end up falling off since it is just hanging there, but he had to cut it and stick the nail back in the nail bed so another nail would grow.
When the Dr. got done wrapping her thumb all up she started playing airplane with her huge thumb, making the noises and everything...she was still sedated. FUNNY girl! She was out of it for the rest of the day.
So sad...20 minutes of sobbing uncontrollably and 4 hours in the ER! What a tough little girl we have. Now she just has one honkin thumb!!




4 comments:
Poor little girl. She looks like a trooper. I hope she feels better quickly.
poor SAYD!! i am so unimformed! If i EVER have to find somehting like this out on Blog i will personally kick your booty (or if mama tells me =0) I just want to love her!! Give her kisses from her favorite auntie! and i love you!
ps When do i get a post about the temple....?
Oh my gosh, poor thing! It's amazing how tough little ones are. Give her a big kiss, what a cutie!
oh that's awful!! She is one tough Chickie! Glad she is feeling better. Those doors are SO HEAVY!!
Post a Comment