The second time around and I sure hope the last.
Our Sammie got hit by a car yesterday morning and was suffering and going to die...so we put her down. It was awful. It just isn't fair. I guess we just aren't suppose to have pets.
I got a knock on my door about five to ten minutes after I had let Sammie out to go potty. My neighbors hand was bleeding and saying our dog was hit. She tried to go help Sammie right after and Sammie had bit her pretty good. I didn't know what to do...if I wanted to go see her or not. I told my kids to stay inside because Sammie was in the street in front of my house. She was hit hard with both set of tires going over the bottom half of her body. She had been spayed 6 days earlier...so the incision was split open a little bit and her legs were broken or shattered. She finally dragged herself out of the street by my mailbox and waited for help. They put her in my car and I met Jay at the vet after I got my kids figured out because I did not want them there for this one. Jay left work and hurried over there. The people over there were crazy because Sammie didn't have much time left. She was in shock and her gums were gray which is not good. The Dr. came in and told us they had looked in her incision where the stitches were split and blood came pouring out. She was bleeding internally and there was nothing we could do. She was going to die...soon. We didn't want her to suffer any longer so we said our goodbyes and put her down...
That was so so hard! I can't do this again. I get too attached and to see them suffer is just awful!
We LOVE you Sammie. Thanks for being apart of our family for four short months. I am sorry I didn't bring you in right after you did your thing. Your were such a good dog and we miss you.
Our Sammie got hit by a car yesterday morning and was suffering and going to die...so we put her down. It was awful. It just isn't fair. I guess we just aren't suppose to have pets.
I got a knock on my door about five to ten minutes after I had let Sammie out to go potty. My neighbors hand was bleeding and saying our dog was hit. She tried to go help Sammie right after and Sammie had bit her pretty good. I didn't know what to do...if I wanted to go see her or not. I told my kids to stay inside because Sammie was in the street in front of my house. She was hit hard with both set of tires going over the bottom half of her body. She had been spayed 6 days earlier...so the incision was split open a little bit and her legs were broken or shattered. She finally dragged herself out of the street by my mailbox and waited for help. They put her in my car and I met Jay at the vet after I got my kids figured out because I did not want them there for this one. Jay left work and hurried over there. The people over there were crazy because Sammie didn't have much time left. She was in shock and her gums were gray which is not good. The Dr. came in and told us they had looked in her incision where the stitches were split and blood came pouring out. She was bleeding internally and there was nothing we could do. She was going to die...soon. We didn't want her to suffer any longer so we said our goodbyes and put her down...
That was so so hard! I can't do this again. I get too attached and to see them suffer is just awful!
We LOVE you Sammie. Thanks for being apart of our family for four short months. I am sorry I didn't bring you in right after you did your thing. Your were such a good dog and we miss you.




6 comments:
Oh my Goodness Cheri! I am SO sorry! I dont know what to say...:(
O sweetie, I am SO sorry... Your in my thoughts.. Love you!
Oh those pictures made me cry! I sorry ree she is a good good dog. Your next one will last! it better =) I love love you guys!
K I am balling...I am so sorry!
Here is our addy-
4749 E. Thunderheart Trail #102
Gilbert, AZ 85297
That is so sad. You've had it rough for the last little while. I'm so sorry.
Oh Cheri....I am so so sorry! I feel so bad that you guys have gone through all that you have the last little while. Hugs and loves to you all!
Post a Comment